We’ve all been on journeys. I suppose life is a series of journeys. One challenge after another – each of which helps to mold us into who we truly are. The difficult ones? That’s what shows us what we’re really made of. The triumphs? That’s when we get to use those care qualities to show the world just how tough we really are. So, this is my journey. Well one of them anyway. And it’s a little about Fibromyalgia, a little about defiance, and a lot about what I’m really made of.
As I try to capture glimpses into this journey of mine, sometimes I’ll be inspired to go back a few years to explain my “backstory” because I think that’s all integral to how I’ve managed to become this stubborn, strong willed person. Other posts will be about the now – today’s challenge and how I’m doing as I progress towards the finish line.
No matter what each day’s post is about, the important things to remember are these:
- I have fibromyalgia, but this journey is about me showing it who’s boss. Yeah, that’s me.
- I am a fighter and I will fight every day to have the life I deserve.
- I believe anyone can achieve more than they believe they can. And I am living proof.
- I use the term “push through” a lot. It really captures my essence. I am a push througher. If something is tough, I push through until it’s done!
- Beachbody changed my life. I swear by Shakeology and the Beachbody Fitness programs. More on that later.
- You’ll hear me talk about James a lot. He’s the hot guy in the photo up there. He’s my partner in all things. In life, in love, in fitness, in hiking. Everything. He makes me feel like I can. So you’ll hear me mention him a lot. Get used to it.
I’ve asked myself why I feel the need to share my story. There are a lot of reasons, but the one that stands out is this: I changed my life. I did. And, well, if I can do it, you can too. All I want is for one person to believe they can do it. I want one person to know how it feels to have CAN’T become CAN. Because, for me, it is the best feeling I’ve ever had. And the best part? Knowing I did that. So sit back, relax and be inspired.
There are no excuses. Just try. Give it your all. And you just might be surprised.
Get more info on Beachbody products here: